Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbe

Hi everyone. Just joined the club a couple weeks ago. Been grilling and BBQing most of my adult life, but recently retired and thought I would get serious about it. Most of my past efforts were mostly hit or miss. I was inspired by Meathead's cookbook and offer of a trial membership, so I decided to sign up full time.

I'm not big on social media so I'm not sure how active I'll be posting, but I will be trying out the recipes and guidance. I live on the Texas Gulf Coast and currently rely on a Weber kettle for most of my outdoor cooking.

Stay safe.

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome from the mountains of NC. Nothing at all wrong with a Weber kettle. I use it for every thing from grilling burgers to smoking home cured bacon. Love brisket and turkeys done on it. Good briquets and wood chunks and time and temp and practice makes for some great or grate barbeque.

Comment

Welcome from South Carolina!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
                    Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Weber kettles are one of th most Universal Cookers ever wrought by Man; Hail, I have a few, my dang self, use em alla th time.

I don't do me no social media carpola, neither.

This here's Family, an Home, amigo!

Lookin forward to hearin from yall, inchin my way t'wards retirin back down Texas way, afore too long...

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

The missing will mostly be a thing of the past. I did say mostly, not entirely. The hittin will be amazing, yessir! Welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. If you want to up your game quickly, buy a Slow N Sear and watch the videos on that site:

Turn a “basic” Weber kettle into the most versatile outdoor cooking machine on the market – indirect slow cooking, high heat searing, roasting, baking…you can have it all with Slow ‘N Sear!

There are three things that really helped up my game:

1- This site.
                          2- A Slow N Sear.
                          2 A leave in thermometer with two probes.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! RonB said it best. You have a good cooker but with those items it will be GREAT!

Comment

Greetings and welcome from North Carolina.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here