Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ready to move to the next level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready to move to the next level

Kind of an oldster, burned a lot of chickens in my day. I have a nice grill in the backyard and weather to grill all year round. I also loved to grill while camping. But I have fallen into the rut of only grilling rib-eyes. Not a bad rut, mind you, but I want to add a bit more to my repertoire. I bought a set of GrillGrates, and while researching them, found this site. I then lost many, many, many hours of work looking through it. (Don't tell my boss!) I figured I should support such a great learning tool and decided to join the Pit Master forum. Had a little trouble, but the Pit Boss got me going, on a holiday weekend yet, so kudos to David Parrish. And to Meathead for putting this together. I'm off on a mission of discovery!

Welcome to the Pit Yno

Comment

Thanks kindly!

Comment

Welcome Yno! We're glad you're here, and you're in similar company. Many of us have more years behind than ahead of us... and I confess I was a ribey every Friday kinda guy for many years.

Comment

I still cook steak every Friday night, mind you, but I cook a whole lot more than that now. Much more rounded of a pitmaster nowadays.

Comment

Welcome. When I first got out of the Marines a local butcher came around selling packages of everything, Delmonico, strips, ribeyes etc. I had a bit of hazard pay in my pocket so I bought something like 100 pounds of steak. I think I had steak 4 days a week for nearly a year. I am ashamed, but I think 15 years later I am in a place I can admit it and move on, but every one of those steaks was purposely grilled well done.

Poor animals died for NOTHING!!!

Comment

• David Parrish
              David Parrish commented
              Editing a comment
              John at least you learned the error of your ways. Many have not. SMH.

Welcome Aboard YNO!

Comment

Welcome Yno. I'm with you on the burnt chicken. Been eating chicken jerky all my life until i discovered beer can chicken - that was shortly before i found AR. I now realize that it was the cooking method and measuring internal temp and not the beer can that made the chicken juicy. Since AR i've made perfect chicken all the time as well as many of the other Meathead's recipes - the detail and explaining the how and why is amazing. You can't go wrong... I still use a beer can but only for sipping - what a waste of beer that was. And who doesn't love a rib-eye? I'll take that rut of your hands any-time ... To the next level and beyond ...

Comment

This site has done wonders for the quality of my cooking. Welcome aboard, you made a great decision

Comment

Welcome aboard compadre! I have a brother near by you in Morgan Hill.

Comment

Morgan Hill is a great little town with some really good restaurants. We usually stop there on the way back from our trips to the Gilroy wineries!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Yno! I love your username. David Parrish and I are Ynos too.... But keep that just between us, we don't like to admit it publicly I frequent the wineries in our area, northern MI. It's a fun way to experience what the local nature can offer. And so is BBQ, lol.

Good job on your signature!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here