Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member - Thermopen MK4 vs Thermopen IR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huskee
    replied
    Welcome to the Pitmaster Club! Happy to have you here, thank you for your support. Boy, that's a tough call. I have a separate IR and absolutely love it, but that was before they came out w/ the T-pen IR combo unit. Hard to say what I would have done in your shoes. Keep in mind, the Thermapen IR combo only comes in white and is not waterproof or backlit, if those matter to you.

Since you’re new here, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
    1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your username in the top-right, then My Settings, then the Account tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us yourself since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor if you’re a paying member. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you, just click here to fill out an email change request.
    2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as one of our three monthly "Great Giveaway" Monthly Sweepstakes winners, which is open to all USA members. (Paid members get automatic monthly entry, whereas Free Trial members or general public must enter manually.) We’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us!
    Hope to hear & see more from you!

Leave a comment:

• Ryan D
    started a topic New Member - Thermopen MK4 vs Thermopen IR

New Member - Thermopen MK4 vs Thermopen IR

I am happy to join the pit from Nashville. I have been cooking my way through Meathead's book over the last couple of years which has really elevated my cooking. I started smoking on the cheap with my Pit Barrel (which I love), but I am looking to start upgrading my cooker repertoire in the future.

Question for the group - Thermoworks has a sitewide sale going on right now for 20% off one item. I have been using a thermopop, but i am ready to take a step up. I mostly grill and smoke on the pit barrel but have been experimenting more with cast iron cooking both at home and for camping. Would a combo thermometer like the thermapen IR be helpful, or would it be better to go with the MK4 and add a dedicated infrared thermometer later.

Thanks in advance

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here