Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Guy In Southwestern PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Guy In Southwestern PA

Been grilling for many years, mostly on a LP Gas grill, I'm new to AmazingRibs.com and a new Pitmaster Club Member. Just bought a new Weber gas grill to replace my 17-yr old Kenmore with its rusted-out burners and deflector plates, it'll be here end of next week. I'm planning to get into smoking on the grill (when I told her, my wife thought I meant cigs!) so I ordered a 12" smoke tube and pellets starter kit. Ribs & Chicken mostly. Looking for advice on using the tube and fuel, and ESPECIALLY guidance on what types of pellets and wood chips to use - flavors, best sources, etc.
    Attached Files

Welcome to the Pit from catty corner across the Commonwealth. I like hickory for ribs and apple for poultry, but I think either make good all around smoke flavors.

Comment

Pecan or or cherry are favs here sometimes maple
      Experiment
      oh and welcome

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome from Pittsburgh, South Hills.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota. Enjoy The Pit and your New Weber.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
                    Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

There's loads of talented an experienced Pelletheads here, an I'll leave ya in their most capable hands fer guidance.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome from the East Hills (Plum) area of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from South Louisiana!

Comment

Wood, yup, wood. Preferably fruit or nutty. Welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here