Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking for my next level smoker and would love feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taso33
    commented on 's reply
    Home use maybe a couple times a week and under 12 hour cooks. I want a larger cooking surface to maybe do some light catering for friends but that would be it. Thanks for the reply!

• mountainsmoker
    replied
    You say you are looking for a backyard smoker. Will you be using it at home or at your restaurant? If you are using the Oklahoma Joe as a commercial smoker I am not sure it would last 5 years. I will let others give you ideas that may best suit your needs.

Leave a comment:

• looking for my next level smoker and would love feedback

Hi all,
    Long time follower of the site, trial member that will most definitely convert to paid member.
    I am a CEC and small diner owner. Ive worked in 4 countries and several major cities across the USA and Ive only ever worked in the restaurant industry. No fancy school for me. Been a dishwasher, Butcher, Saucier, Executive Chef and Owner. I know a lot about cooking so it was going to be a breeze to become a Pit Master....or so I thought. BBQ kicked me right in the onions more times than I can count but Im out the other side and better for it.

Have used a cheap offset, built my own offset out of a 50 gallon drum, and an UDS. Im ready to graduate. Ive read every review on this site but am looking for more recommendations from y'alls experience since Im willing to part with what is a decent amount of money to me.

Am looking for backyard offset or reverse flow, hardwood lump charcoal and small logs for fuel, 800-1000sqinch cooking surface. Was looking to spend up to 750$ but seems theres nothing in that range. its either 500$ or over 1000$. I could go over budget for the right smoker that I could get 5+ years out of. I live in the northeast so used smokers are thin pickings. Right now Im leaning towards the Oklahoma Joe Longhorn as I can make the suggested modifications to it to get the most out of it so any knowledge on that or similar models would be appreciated.

Sorry for the long read just wanted to give some background on me because from what Ive read in these forums it seems like a nice community and I wanted to also introduce myself while I ask for free advice. You don't need to do a big review on your suggestions as I am mainly looking for smokers fitting my description that maybe I haven't heard of to research on my own. MADE IN USA SMOKERS ONLY please. Thanks!
    Last edited by Taso33; May 16, 2020, 01:47 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here