Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picked the wrong week to quit smoking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked the wrong week to quit smoking

Hey everyone, Joe here. I live just north of Chicago and cook outside about 9-10 months of the year. This shelter-at-home order has inspired me to work on my grilling and smoking game, and I got a Weber Summit Charcoal today from Backyard Barbecue Store in Wilmette.

I am not tied to any regional BBQ style and like to do ribs, pork shoulder, rotisserie chicken, smoked salmon, and tri-tip. By the end of this summer, I hope to smoke my first brisket on the Summit Charcoal. I usually cook American-style BBQ, but occasionally make some international recipes for fun. My favorite BBQ books are Raichlen’s BBQ Bible, Ray Lampe’s Dr. BBQ, and, of course, Meathead.

When I’m not grilling or smoking something, I like biking, seeing live music, and traveling (occasionally to see my favorite band, Phish).

Dude! Welcome from just north of the border. Smoke on! Glad to have you with us. Together we will face the challenges of outdoor cooking in our area 5 months of the year!

Comment

Welcome from the NC mountains. Had freezes last weed end.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
        Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Welcome from south Texas! Glad you’re here! The only weather challenges here are days (months) of extreme heat!🤣🙄. Grilling/smoking season is pretty much always.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Joe ...

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Joe.

Comment

Welcome from a little more north of the border, Appleton, WI. You’re gonna love it here.

Comment

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome from NC!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here