Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoker / Grill v. Grill & Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rick Triviski Most pellet cookers don’t seem to do anything quick... They’re really more like a wood fired oven rather than a grill.

There are exceptions, some have additional sear boxes available like the Woodwind, which is essentially a small gas grill. Others have sliding panels and what not to expose the fire pot...with varying degrees of success. As one might imagine, the price creeps up with added capabilities. The Woodwind for instance hovers right around $1000. The Weber has more of a grill design from the start...but that one appears to be hit & miss. People either love it or hate it.

My father has a Traeger...a "grill" it is not. Burgers, while they could be tasty would just take far too long. And forget starting with frozen patties on a weeknight cook. Really no different than sticking patties in an oven, save for the added smoke.

When I wrapped my head around his cooker being more akin to an oven than a grill, I started to appreciate it more. I don’t want one, but I understand the appeal much more than I did after first trying it out.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here