Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to the Promised Land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the Promised Land

Greetings and Salutations... I'm James and I live in the Piedmont area of central North Carolina not far from Lexington for those of you who know your regional 'que. I grew eating and cooking BBQ in the traditional Lexington vein, pork shoulders, a vinegar based sauce with a little ketchup and plenty of pepper, and hickory coals from a burn box. I still love shoulders (usually PB actually since I don't cook for dozens of people) but chicken, ribs, and brisket are right there with it. For my personal use over the years, I had largely stuck to Weber gas grills and kettles until I recently acquired a PBC (hey just because I know how to manage a fire doesn't mean I want to fuss with it all the time ). I decided on the PBC largely because of all the great information and recommendations here at amazingribs. Thanks to everyone who contributes. I have had it about a month and have already done PB, chicken, and spare ribs and couldn't be happier. Today is brisket so we will see if the streak continues. Just in todays cook I am using advise from Kathryn (aka fzxdoc), Jerod B, and David Parrish(aka Pit Boss)... and I am only about an hour into the cook! I'm really looking forward to hanging out, learning everything I can, and making great food to make my family and friends happy!

Welcome to the Pit PackWolf

Comment

Welcome PackWolf - great to have you here .....

Comment

WELCOME!

Comment

​Welcome to The Pit and the Pack PackWolf! Glad to have you here! You can trust the good folks you mentioned. And you can probably trust most of what Pit Boss tells you too. Lol...

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Welcome, i'm sure the streak will continue. Horse and buggy are 'authentic' too, but we've invented better

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here