Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all--

Ben from Austin (ATX) here. I grew up in Texas but never learned how to properly cook with smoke. I love to cook, hunt, fish...generally be outside. I'm spending too much money on wine these days so I figured I needed another vice.

First smoking rig is a barrel smoker from a guy in Austin (Riley Smokers). I do a lot of cooking on my gas grill and my weber knock-off, but nothing over about an hour -- chicken, steaks, burgers, pizza, etc. My goal for this summer is to nail a brisket.

During the day I'm a numbers guy (officially a "data scientist"), and have been looking for ways to accelerate my learnings using data (for example: https://github.com/produktive/maverick). I have always been impressed with the rigor that Meathead (et al) dedicate to their posts, really getting into the science, and really digging into the "why". That's absolutely worth paying for.

Welcome from Wilson County, Texas!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Madison, WI

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Wait til ya get into the science of eatin which many of is have lots of experience at. Welcome, eat good & have fun!
                  Last edited by FireMan; May 11, 2020, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• ATX_Ben
                    ATX_Ben commented
                    Editing a comment
                    HA! I've been studying that my whole life

Welcome to The Pit Ben.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome from NC

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

welcome from TN

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here