Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy

Chris from North Carolina. These days I cook on a UDS and love the damned thing. I'm a CBJ and have been cooking for over thirty years. I've been in the restaurant equipment and supply business all my life and am currently a manufacturer of commercial oven, broiler and grill brushes. (No, we don't sell retail) I love the science involved in cooking and consider Amazing Ribs to the single most important cooking site on the web.

Welcome Chris! Great to have an experienced fella like yourself here. Thanks for the support.
    We think the same of AmazingRibs.com!

When you get a minute, please check out the Welcome and Announcements channel on the main page. There you'll also find the Forum Tips post which will help you set up your signature as well as learn the best ways to post pictures here. We love pictures. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by CB Dabbs View Post
      Chris from North Carolina. These days I cook on a UDS and love the damned thing. I'm a CBJ and have been cooking for over thirty years. I've been in the restaurant equipment and supply business all my life and am currently a manufacturer of commercial oven, broiler and grill brushes. (No, we don't sell retail) I love the science involved in cooking and consider Amazing Ribs to the single most important cooking site on the web.
      When Julia Child was asked what she attributed her long life to, she answered; "Red meat and gin."

Comment

Hey Chris WELCOME - I too agree with your opinion re: AR website rocks!

Question - on your UDS setup, do you use a thermometer and controlled blower fan setup? If yes which model did you choose to go with?

Comment

• CB Dabbs
          CB Dabbs commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Michael, Yes I use a Thermoworks TW8060. I have never found the need for a fan or controller. After a few uses it's easy to set the drum for the desired temperature and it will hold that temp for hours. I usually cook right around the 230 to 240 mark and have had it hold that temp for over 10 hours. If I were to go to a PID and fan device, I would probably opt for an Auber.

Hey Chris WELCOME - I too agree with your opinion re: AR website rocks!

Question - on your UDS setup, do you use a thermometer and controlled blower fan setup? If yes which model did you choose to go with?

Comment

Hey Chris

Comment

Welcome to another Carolinian! Look forward to learning from your experience.

Comment

Howdy Chris! When you have a moment, check out my Welcome letter and tips topics, which will help you complete your signature. They're here and here.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here