Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ Fanatic in Las Vegas, NV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ Fanatic in Las Vegas, NV

Hello everybody. My name is Mike and I live in sunny Las Vegas, NV. I have been barbecuing for about 10 years. I started out with my small Weber Go-Anywhere Gas grill in my apartment and upgraded to a Charbroil propane grill and a Weber kettle when I moved into a house. During that time, I graduated from cooking hot dogs and burgers to experimenting with more complex recipes.

I have only started smoking meats during the past 2 years. Using methods and recipes from this community I was able to smoke ribs, pork shoulder, chicken, and brisket on my Weber kettle grill. I've always wanted to pick up a smoker, but my fiance thought I already had too many grills. Thanks to the delicious recipes on this site and the wealth of knowledge of smoking techniques the food convinced my fiance to get me a smoker.

As an engineer by education and trade, I love how this community identifies and discusses the science behind grilling and smoking. I joined the Pitmaster Club to support the community, learn more techniques and recipes, and hopefully contribute some of my own. I am looking forward to watching all of the seminars and combing through the forums.

Welcome to the Pit Mike

Comment

Welcome to the Pit - you're gonna love it here Mike....so much to learn here and You can never have too many grills

Comment

Welcome Aboard Mike... look forward to seeing your cooks

Comment

Welcome Mike.

Have you made a decision as to which smoker you are going to acquire?

Comment

I got a Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5". Already smoked a whole chicken and some Italian sausages. Can't want to do some longer cooks.

Comment

Welcome! I'm a Big Green Egg guy. They are pricey, but I sleep through the the night when Boston Butts or Briskets one cooking. Did 40# of Boston Butt a couple of months ago for 22.5 hours on one load of charcoal.

Comment

​Welcome to The Pit Vypermann! Nice arsenal! Glad to have someone like yourself here. Be sure to watch for the "Slow 'N Sear" smoking & searing accessory for the Weber kettle, it fits your 22" like a glove.

Great job on your signature.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here