Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello fellas, I'm glad to be here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello fellas, I'm glad to be here.

I'm a guy in Florida with one year experience on a charcoal drum smoker. My wife got it for me for Christmas, and it quickly became one of my favorite hobbies. I'm also a hunter of wild hogs, and when I found this site, I was thrilled to finally try curing fresh wild hams about a year ago. And bacon. And Canadian bacon. And backstraps. The curing calculator here is the only one of its kind, and after reading Meathead's writings on the subject, I trusted him enough to give it a try. The results have been delicious. My new favorite thing to smoke is spatchcocked chicken. I've also had great results with the Amazingribs recipes for ribs, whole turkey, and brisket, even on the first try. With recent world events, I finally decided to show my thanks and support by joining. Great food has been food for the soul. Looking forward to learning more. Here's a photo of a hunk of wild, home-cured, smoked ham that I was able to make thanks to this site.
    Attached Files

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! All hams are welcome here domestic and wild!

Comment

Welcome from TN

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Bacon, bacon & more bacon. Welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

Cool...welcome aboard from SC!

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta

Comment

Welcome from south Texas! That hog meat looks delicious!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!
                      Cheers from Norway

Comment

Everything’s better with bacon, and Canadian bacon, and ham.....
                        Welcome from Wisconsin.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                          Mr. Bones commented
                          Editing a comment
                          true dat.
                          Jus sayin.

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
                        Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from central Texas.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here