Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member from Louisiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member from Louisiana

​Hi, guys! I'm a newly-retired engineer from the offshore oilfield in south Louisiana. I live in Thibodaux , Louisiana which is about 45 miles SW of New Orleans. After 34 years in the oil industry, I finally have the time to devote to all my favorite interests that have been neglected for so long... and BBQ is at the top of the list. I've been doing backyard grilling for about the last 40 years but never had the time or resources to truly learn and develop any skill at it, but times have changed. Last week I ordered a new RecTec 680 and am expecting it to be delivered sometime next week.

I've been bouncing around the internet at YouTube and different websites trying to learn correct smoking techniques and they have left me totally confused. Finally someone mentioned that Amazing Ribs.com is the place to go for anyone who is serious about BBQ. It looks like I finally found my home with you guys. I appreciate your intelligent no-nonsense approach and at the same time keeping a good sense of humor. I've got a lot to learn from you all and I hope I don't ask too many dumb questions. Thanks, fellas! I'm proud to be one of you.

Hey man, welcome.

Ain't been down there since college in the 90's. National Agriculture honor society convention at Nicholls.

You ever work with anyone from Gueydan?

Comment

• moxy1500
      moxy1500 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Jerod. Twenty-one years ago my office was located in Lafayette and, at that time, we had one supervisor and one clerk from Gueydan. That office has since been closed due to a merger and I lost touch with them.

It's a small world. My house is almost directly across the bayou from Nicholls. As the crow flies, it's about 1/4 mile away.

With a name like Broussard, you must have roots in cajunland.

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Neato on the house location. We toured Camco industries.

Welcome to the Pit moxy1500

Comment

• moxy1500
      moxy1500 commented
      Editing a comment
      My sincere thanks! I appreciate the warm welcome.

Welcome! I am a Big Green Egg enthusiasts and live in Mandeville, Louisiana.

Comment

• moxy1500
      moxy1500 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the welcome. Glad to know there's someone else fairly close by with the same affliction. Keep in touch!

Hey moxy1500 Welcome Aboard!

Comment

• moxy1500
      moxy1500 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Smarkley. I appreciate your warm welcome.

Welcome to The Pit moxy1500 great job on your signature already! We're glad you've joined up with us here, you'll fit in nicely!

If you haven't already seen it, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• moxy1500
      moxy1500 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Huskee! I appreciate the warm welcome from you guys. I still have some tweeking to do in my profile and signature, but it won't take long to iron it out.

From NOLA living in Baton Rouge. Welcome! The people and content of this site are both exceptional. You found a good spot for Q info, good knowledgeable people and conversation.

Comment

Welcome aboard moxy1500!

Comment

moxy1500 Welcome from Lake Charles!

Comment

Welcome Moxy.

This is a really friendly place - there is no such thing as a dumb question so please fire away as much as possible. Even the site experts are still learning. I highly recommend the video seminars, especially the one on salt and the one on smoke (which I need to watch again).

Comment

Welcome and good morning from middle Tennessee (Murfreesboro)!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here