Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kalimera Sas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers for the warm welcome everyone.

Comment

Kalimera!

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome from Spokane Valley, Wa. From the looks of your FB page, seems like you are the one with the ideas. Who needs beef when you cook like that?

Comment

Howdy from The Great State of Jefferson!

Comment

Welcome from Tennessee. You are in a part of the world I always wanted to visit.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Gary ...

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
                      Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Never made it to Greece, jus yet, but did usedta live in Sicily, an on Lampedusa!
                      Mostly Loved it, both places, despite th circumstances...how does one say "Cheers", ie.: make a toast, in Greek? I feel th need to add it to my database...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bones View Post
                        Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
                        Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Never made it to Greece, jus yet, but did usedta live in Sicily, an on Lampedusa!
                        Mostly Loved it, both places, despite th circumstances...how does one say "Cheers", ie.: make a toast, in Greek? I feel th need to add it to my database...
                        Yamas Mr Bones. (Cheers) or Stin uyeia mas (to our health) the uyeia is pronounced eeyah. So cheers. Just to know too, Greece and Cyprus are separate countries but share the same language.
                        Last edited by Cyprus BBQ club; April 30, 2020, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Love to see some of your recipes with your "local twist"!

Comment

Originally posted by rwhfly View Post
                            Love to see some of your recipes with your "local twist"!
                            Stuffed pork loin with figs and halloumi cheese is one of them.

Cook some dried chopped figs in red wine and reduce until you get a thick chutney consistency, throw in some chopped fresh thyme and set aside to cool a little.
                            Next butterfly some pork loin. (I open up a loin of about 2kg). Now add the the fig mixture and spread around the loin. A nice even thin layer should be ok.

Now on top, add some sliced halloumi cheese and cover the area. Roll it up, let it rest in the fridge for a bit. Rub a little mustard as a binder and put on your favourite pork rub.

i like to use garlic, paprika, pepper and salt.

Fire up your pit and whack it on. I like to use apple wood and a little medlar. Cook to an internal temp of 57-60c

You can see what it looks like on my Instagram or Facebook page. Cyprusbbqclub.

Comment

Since there was some confusion with the Howdy thing in the beginning of this here post, I’ll say howdy in Greek: "Howdy in Greek" and the 3 or 4 other languages spoken on yer fine island. Ya got quite a selection of wood, envious. Welcome, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by FireMan View Post
                                Since there was some confusion with the Howdy thing in the beginning of this here post, I’ll say howdy in Greek: "Howdy in Greek" and the 3 or 4 other languages spoken on yer fine island. Ya got quite a selection of wood, envious. Welcome, eat good & have fun!
                                Why thank ya.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X
                                false
                                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                                false
                                false
                                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                                Yes
                                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here