Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kalimera Sas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kalimera Sas

... or morning to you all. Just discovered this site and it looks like I could be learning and contributing to it.

I'm from Paphos, Cyprus and love cooking low'n'slow with a local twist. I have a Weber kettle, WSM and an Ooni Pro which I've adapted to do low'n'slow.

As Pork is the main staple of meat in Cyprus, I tend to do a lot of it. (Beef is no good and imported beef is expensive).

I'm on Facebook and Instagram as Cyprus BBQ club and you can check out some of my local dishes. I'm still pretty new so I'm pushing myself to up my game and open to suggestions.
    I use a lot of local wood here which is great. Including fig, avocado and guava, as well as fruit woods including cherry, mandarin, orange, olive and lemon.

I'd appreciate any suggestions or advice as well as ideas. Anyway, hope you all have a good day, especially in these hard times.

Peace out

Gary

Thank you, Gary, and welcome, or, as we say here in Texas, bienvenido. You've come to the right place for great information on many topics, as you have already seen. The camaraderie here is also a big plus.

Comment

• THE Humble Texan
      THE Humble Texan commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought in TEXAS we say HOWDY. (;

• gcdmd
      gcdmd commented
      Editing a comment
      THE Humble Texan
      De vez en cuando.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Es verdad, sin duda, mi hermano.
      De vez un cuando...

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas, USA!

Comment

Welcome from missouri

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Gary.

Comment

Welcome from the state of North Carolina. I'm loving the international members, I'm intrigued to hear how the smoke from, say, avocado wood tastes. Looking forward to your posts.

Comment

Welcome! Can't wait to see that Ooni Pro in action!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck in Charlotte View Post
                    Welcome from the state of North Carolina. I'm loving the international members, I'm intrigued to hear how the smoke from, say, avocado wood tastes. Looking forward to your posts.
                    Chuck, it's supposed to be similar to hickory but it's difficult to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by HawkerXP View Post
                      Welcome! Can't wait to see that Ooni Pro in action!
                      Hawker, there are photos on my Instagram page showing the damper that I made which hooks on the back to restrict air flow. I've gone hot and fast with it too.

Comment

Kalos irthate! Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome from Oregon!

Comment

Welcome from another new guy. You’ll like it here.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here