Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nutter from the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nutter from the UK

Hi I'm c bit of a nutter from the UK I started barbecuing, oh God knows how long ago, I've got a beard so I must be old, anyway I've got a Weber King ranch and two smaller Webers and I use gas to light my charcoal and I thought you might like to see how I do it I think you might have a giggle click photo to see me in action , making a smoke thingy to add to my weber

Welcome to The Pit from Minnesota USA.

Comment

What a fun video. What else do you use that gas burner for other than lighting your homemade charcoal chimney's coals?

Welcome to the Pit. I hope to see more of your posts and videos.

Kathryn

Comment

• viola2572
        viola2572 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there Kathryn, hi from sunny UK that's actually my old work burner and I've just bought a better one which has many more jets and gives much more even cook so I'm utilising that burner for lighting my
        charcoal here I am making a Porchetta for inside but going to make one for the coals soon! Forgive the swearing once.
        Last edited by viola2572; April 29, 2020, 11:40 AM.

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!
        Cheers from Norway

Comment

• viola2572
          viola2572 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi, a fellow European, have to get together 😁😁😁😂

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas, USA! There are a lot of Weber folks in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. That is a fun video, and I love the gloves.

Comment

• viola2572
            viola2572 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks buddy, I had short ones and it removed my hairs on my arms lol

Welcome to the Pit! Yes, a lot of us old farts have beards over here as well. That is some afterburner you've got there. Did you pinch that from a old Electric Lightning?

Comment

• viola2572
            viola2572 commented
            Editing a comment
            Its my old wok burner, bought another one for wok cooking more power but a lot more even flame😁

Welcome from SC!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from south Texas! Glad you’re hee with the rest of us nutters!

Comment

• viola2572
              viola2572 commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh indeed 🔥😁🔥

Greatness.
            Welcome. And did anyone ever tell you you’ve got an accent?

Comment

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

• viola2572
              viola2572 commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow that's where I get my charcoal from!!!

• holehogg
              holehogg commented
              Editing a comment
              Long trip just for charcoal☺
              When I watched the video I thought to myself it looks like the crumbles of charcoal we get in SA. I have found a brand that's made in PE thats better than any other I've used and it's priced better. Think it doesn't get handled as often so stays in better shape.
              viola2572

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
              Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Lovin yer charcoal chimley, is that an ol paint tin / bucket, er summat? Looks to be. Right Handy, sez I.

Any rough idea how many BTUs yer propane wok burner is? Guessin th north side o 30k, here...cain't hardly wait to see yer New One lol!

Nutter? While I might not readily admit it, there have, indeed, been rumours..

(Betwixt us ol greybeards, though, it might jus happen that I mysteriously know th Secret Handshake, though, Me Ol China!)
              Last edited by Mr. Bones; April 30, 2020, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• viola2572
                viola2572 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi, yes old paint tin 😁 copy from burner web site "Specification
                Heat Release can be varied up to 145,000 BTU Gas feed 1/4" 3/8" & 1/2" BSP Female thread.
                Suitable for NATURAL GAS & LPG". the new one has better turn down capability for sauces it is only 100,500 BTU LPG (29.5 KW)) I have now made a frame and plumbed it in
                Last edited by viola2572; April 30, 2020, 09:38 AM.

You are a nut & that video was a gas! Yessir, keep it comin. Now we get to see what you duz with meat. Welcome, eat good & have fun!
              Gordon.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here