Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New and Looking for Advice on Grill Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the Pit! I occasionally have gas but unfortunately not a gasser.

Comment

Welcome. Attjack summed it up for ya. The only other advice would be to go to a 3 burner, then the 2-zone & smokin would be better. Eat good and have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by SheehanJP View Post
        Hey Everyone, I’m fairly new here. I live in a condo so I can only have a natural gas grill. I have a Weber Spirit II E-210. It’s a two burner. Does anyone have pics of their optimal setup for smoking/indirect cooking on this grill? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
        Great to have you onboard!

I do not have any pictures, but do have 2 and 4 burner Weber Genesis gas grills, and my father and son both own 3 burner Spirit gas grills - just one more burner than yours. Basically, you are going to cook indirect using just one burner, and put your food all on the half of the grill where the burner is OFF. You will try to create smoke using wood chips, pellets, or another source of wood smoke.

The way I would go to smoke on your grill is this - and my father does this all the time.

1. Create a foil pouch with some wood chips, and poke holes in the foil, or buy one of the little metal "smoke boxes" that Weber sells to contain the wood chips. Put this either on the grate above the burner you plan to use, or even on top of the flavorizer bars above that burner. My dad just throws his on the grate I believe.

2. Crank up the heat on that one burner until you get the wood chip pouch hot enough to start smoking, then turn the heat down, and attempt to regulate to get the desired indirect cooking temperature. 225 to 250 for ribs, butts or brisket - 325 for chicken. My father goes by his dome thermometer - I can't teach him any better, but it works for him. Best would be if you have a leave in thermometer such as a Maverick, Smoke, Dot, etc, and you can clip a probe about 1" above the grate on the indirect side.

3. If the smoke stops, toss a new foil pouch of wood chips on the grill.

Any way you look at it, the best tool you can buy is a good leave in thermometer with at least two probes - one to monitor the meat you are smoking, and one to monitor the smoker/grill temperature.

If the wood chips in a pouch don't work well enough for you, try an Amazing Smoke tube, or other smoke pouch that lets you use wood pellets as the smoke source - the same ones you buy for use with pellet smokers.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!
          Cheers from Norway

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here