Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smokin' @7000' in Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smokin' @7000' in Colorado

Thought it was about time to join and not feast on all the free stuff! Always striving for that perfect Smoke! I Grill/Smoke year round, not below 25 though. My equipment of choice is my 640 Yoder Pellet grill. When time is not an issue so I can babysit, my Gateway Drum Smoker is coming in a close second.
    Next on the list is an offset smoker that I'm researching now. Hope to get some directions from others on the site as what I should be looking for as well, as where to "Hide It", from my wife!
    It is going to be 72 in Colorado Springs today, a couple of whole chickens going on this afternoon.
    Regards

Welcome to the Pit! Plenty of folks here with offsets. Should be here anytime now.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome from the Buckeye State!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland. We have some members that also cook at high altitudes and I'm sure they will be along with some good advice. I live next to the ocean so I have nada to add.

Comment

Welcome from the Palmer Divide ...

Comment

Welcome from a bit further up the hill. I am pretty sure I can see the smoke from the top of the peak...

Comment

Welcome from SC!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome, from about 400 miles south of you!

Comment

About 15' above sea level. No help here.

Huntington Beach welcomes you!

Comment

We recently moved from Monument (on top of Palmer Divide) and were at 7600'. Less oxygen meant fires didn't get as hot. It always took longer than any recipes because of the lack of oxygen. Gave "low and slow" a new meaning.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
                          Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here