Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jumping In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 30acrewoods View Post
    Ears?! I won't even ask... But it does make a killer maple old fashioned...perfect for sipping in the backyard while the smoker works its magic.
    How about THAT recipe? Sounds great!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
      Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Thanks fer yer Service, nice Herky-Bird in yer avatar! Spent plenty time in them, as cargo.

Comment

ah, someone who understands maple syrup, hehe.

Comment

Self deploying cargo! That's an LC. Biggest dang toboggan you'll ever ride. Slip-sliding away... It gets even more exciting with JATO tubes...

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

It's a pleasure to "meat" everyone!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois! That maple syrup adds a good flavor to bacon.

Comment

Re: brisket. My advice is, don’t overthink it. It is a hunk of meat. Start fire, cook meat, eat meat. The only thing you need to get right is when to take it off. And you can always buy another one, that wasn’t the last brisket on earth.

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Homemade bacon is easy and the results are much better than grocery store smoked bacon. You can make countless variations once you have the basic homemade smoked bacon recipe down.

i was thinking homemade bacon as 30acrewoods suggested, here is a link to meatheads homemade bacon on the free site, it is so good. Congrats on the new smoker, i would suggest making some big bad beef rub for the brisket, that recipe is also on the free side

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Madison, WI

Comment

Well, I did the brisket. Holy Cow (haha)! Amazing. 10.5-hrs. It came out moist, flavorful, nice dark bark, great smoke ring. I cheated a bit and wrapped it after about 6.5 hrs and it had hit 165. Then sailed home to about 200-205 depending on the spot. Pulled it off the grill, added another wrap, stuck it in a cooler and waited another 90-minutes. I made some of the Franklin espresso bbq sauce to go with it. It was sinful! I have to say the WSM was smooth sailing. Kept things from 225-250 the entire time on one load of charcoal, and probably could have gone another 3 hrs if needed. We are now hooked on brisket...

But bacon...hmmm. I'm going to try making maple bacon with local pork and my maple syrup. Then have some grilled bacon wrapped scallops on the wood grill.

Thanks for all of the kind words or encouragement - it made this an enjoyable first go!

Try this:

Maple Old Fashioned
                          2.5 oz of your favorite bourbon
                          2 TBS water
                          1-2 TBS DARK (or VERY DARK - if you can find it) maple syrup
                          4-6 drops bitters
                          stir until all is well blended
                          pour over ice
                          enjoy!

Comment

[QUOTE=marshall;n837285]https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...ked-bacon-home

I have to add one constructive comment: Never, ever use fake maple syrup. Ever. True story: during travels and eating out when I was young, my mom would always have a 1/2-pint of syrup in her pocket book just in case they didn't serve the real stuff!

Comment

Welcome, and that looks great! The drink sounds great, too.
                              And pocket book is one of those terms that ain’t used near enough anymore! Takes me back to Grandma.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X
                                false
                                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                                false
                                false
                                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                                Yes
                                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here