Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jumping In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumping In

Hello all, I've taken the plunge and picked up a used 18" WSM, and retrofitted/upgraded with new (unbent!) vents, stainless door, instrument port, charcoal grates (bi-directional). I have an automated temperature control fan on the way. I smoked a Boston butt last weekend and it went very well - dialed it in to 225 with little effort. I've got a brisket cut from a 1/2 cow share to cook this weekend. I'm looking for a very simple "first brisket" attempt. I don't want perfect to be the enemy of good the first time 'round! Plenty of time in the future to work toward perfect...This site seems awesome, with helpful people with all different perspectives and expertise. Also, if anyone has experience with maple syrup and smoking, I'm all ears. I make my own syrup here in NH and have plenty of the sweet stuff to experiment with on the smoker.

Welcome from the California Delta. Interested in the responses you get regarding smoking maple syrup.

Comment

I as thinking of using it for making bacon, and also for sauces, brines, rubs (maple sugar) and marinades.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Well, ya might be an expert on maple syrup, but, I hate to be the one to break it to ya, ya don’t put maple syrup in yer ears. I have information on that from a reparable source. Welcome though, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome from SC!

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Greeting and welcome from North Carolina.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Ears?! I won't even ask... But it does make a killer maple old fashioned...perfect for sipping in the backyard while the smoker works its magic.

Comment

First, welcome from Maryland. Second, take a read of this post: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...brisket-method

Comment

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Wow, a world full of Pit Bosses. Love it! Donw: Thanks so much for the lead, l'm on it!

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here