Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to Site - great Site But....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Site - great Site But....

Hello! I love this site! It has completely changed the way I grill and cook!! I have used several recipes from this site that come out awesome!! Since I have been using the site for a few months I decided to join the Pitmaster's Club. Here's where I could use a bit of help....

I am trying to view the article "The Big Chill: A trick For Making The Perfect Sous Vide Steak" on the free side. I am getting blocked by this: Members Only

Pitmaster Club membership benefits include:

Exclusive content, monthly grill giveaways, product discounts, no ads, free books, free magazines, newsletters, Meat-Ups, podcast, interviews, cartoons, and much more! Click to see ALL the benefits of membership and get a free 30-day trial that will let you read this page.

Already a member? Click here to login.

I log in.. try and go back to the free side to red the article but I still get that message. I searched on the Pit Masters Club but cant find the article. Seems to be if its set this way, no one can read that article.

Any help would be apprciated. Maybe my request for help shouldnt be in this post. If not, mods feel free to move to the appropriate place.

-Tom

I am getting the same error even though I have been a member for almost 1 year. So, not just you. Huskee , I think there is a problem on the Free AR site. Can you help please?

Comment

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. There are several threads where this has started happening. I'm sure they will get it cleared up.

Comment

This is a known issue and is being actively worked on. See the last few posts in this thread:
          Competition Chicken Recipe, by Darren Warth of Smokey D's https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...2%80%99s-style (https://amazingribs.com/tested-recipes/chicken-recipes/award-winning-bbq-competition-chicken-recipe-iowas-smokey-d%E2%80%99s-style) Watch the video interview with Darren, by Clint Cantwell here! (https://pitmaster.am

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

See, no one taught you the secret handshake & since we’re in this corona-v thing it’s been changed to a secret sign. Sorta like that thing Obi-wan-kenobi did to people to block their vision. Ask & Huskee will tell ya about it.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta

Comment

What you've found is an exciting new feature we've developed for our members- "Members Only Recipes"! Now some of our fancier recipes are behind the membership paywall. Trouble is, it's new and there's bugs, despite our best efforts to test it before deploying [sigh...] Please bear with us, we'll get this fixed!

Also, please be sure you've enabled cookies on your browser, at least from us. This will help, but admittedly right now there's some tweaking needed. I have forwarded this to our IT guru for the public site, BigJim.

Comment

• orphious
                      orphious commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks! No worries.. I just thought it was kind of strange to join and ten be blocked from seeing an article. Good luck getting it sorted!

• smokenoob
                      smokenoob commented
                      Editing a comment
                      "bugs" in the pit......you just let one of your secret ingredients out.....despite your best efforts

Huntington Beach welcomes you. Isn’t this a Ray "something" thing for fixing the computers?

I am sorry Ray I came up short. Story of my life.

Comment

• Huskee
                      Huskee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      RayJ is our vBulletin (Pit) expert, BigJim is our Drupal (public site) expert. We've got the team on the case!

• HouseHomey
                      HouseHomey commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Huskee I tried. In my defense I was only one letter short.

Welcome from TN!!!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
                      Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here