Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RochBQ Intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RochBQ Intro

Hello All. I'm very new to BBQ and just stated to my second season. I started smoking on my grill with some smoke boxes and quickly decided that I needed to step up to the real thing. I have been working with a Masterbuilt Vertical Gas Smoker. I've experimented with Chicken Wings, Chicken Quarters, Pork Butts and Ribs. I haven't moved to Brisket yet but that is my goal for this year. I use wet brines on my chicken and Pork Butts and dry rubs with my ribs.

My best outcome with the Pork Butt was a 2 day wet brine with sea salt and Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup with a 8 hour dry rub with a store bought memphis style rub. I can't remember the size but it was 12 or 13 hour cook and had bark to bark about. My proudest moment to date.

My best ribs so far used the 3-2-1 method with the same Memphis style rub and honey for the last hour of the cook.

I'm an Engineer by education and the scientific approach of some of the content on this site really help me understand what I'm doing. I look forward to learning and sharing. Thank you for accelerating my progress thus far and into the future.

Car! Smoke On!

Welcome to the Pit RochBQ

Comment

Welcome, I bet you make a lot more of those great butts soon.

Comment

Hey there RBQ!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit RochBQ! I've been meaning to experiment with a wet brined pork butt beside a traditional dry brined one. I think you've inspired me to do it sooner than later...

Great job on your signature, I am assuming you've already looked over the homework assignment? If not you can find it here.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here