Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New kid on the block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New kid on the block

Hello! The great Google in the sky brought me to this site and the impressive collection of articles has kept me around. I became interested in smoking after moving to Houston, TX 4 years ago, but left the great state in September for Chattanooga, TN. The combination of looking to buy our first home within a couple of months and having nightmares of never having brisket (it took a few tries given I grew up on southern pulled pork, but now I'm hooked!) or tex-mex again has spurred me into a lot of smoker research (and how to make fresh tortillas).

I love grilling on my 18.5 in Weber Silver, which I purchased right out of college, but I'm ready to add a low-and-slow dedicated cooker. My 8-5 job is research oriented and this site and "The Pit" have already been great for satisfying my research desires on smoking.

Cheers!

Welcome to the pit dillywe

Comment

Nice to meet you dilly!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!!!! Sounds like you need a Slow N' Sear to compliment that Weber. Get you smokin in no time. What types of meats have you already cooked on that Weber? Are you considering buying any other smokers/cookers anytime soon?

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I've been reading a lot about the WSM and PBC.... At this point, I may just flip a coin to decide which one to get (I'm leaning 51/49 PBC today, we'll see where the wind blows tomorrow). I'm also considering putting my 18.5 Weber on Craigslist and grabbing a 22.5 for additional size. The Slow N' Sear definitely looks like a great compliment!

Tonight I grilled some wings and corn on the cobb. Typically grilling burgers or chicken once a week and also have grilled flank steak and NY Strips a couple of times. And then I dream of cooking brisket and ribs

Comment

​Welcome to The Pit dillywe! Noting makes a mouth-watering brisket like a stickburner with oak wood! Lol. Anyway, nice to have you here, and good job setting up your signature. Soon you can expand it with whatever new device you end up getting your hands on.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here