Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy from the Repulic of Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy from the Repulic of Texas

Just want to say Howdy ! An audio forum brother (he lives in Atlanta) suggested that I should check out this board. Spent alot of time roaming the site & said to myself.....honest, truth with real facts, & pros say BBQ is hard to do right.....gotta join this place. I've been Q'ing most of my adult life. But in the last 4 or 5 years really got into it. Me & family just sold our home & bought a new home (down sized....getting old, knees bad, can't do stairs, and wanted to be closer to our son's High School).
    Sold my gas grille & Char-Grill Super Pro w/side firebox when we moved. I really got tired of the babysitting with that smoker. I just bought a 22.5" Weber One Touch Kettle, ordered the grill with hinges, their two small coal trays & a pocket thermopen (have a Maverick but with the move haven't found that box its in yet...and other stuff as well). Today was checking the board & saw that new item that might be out in June, the SnS ! I haven't even opened the box my kettle is in & still have the plastic on the new chimney (can't find my old one either-----hate moving).
    I'm a 64 year old BBQ Grasshopper & look to being part of ya'lls family. May God Bless

Welcome and thanks for the support!!!

Love my kettle. The SnS takes it over the top.

Comment

• barney
      barney commented
      Editing a comment
      No problem with the entry fee for joining....got my money's worth the 1st day I roamed this board. Waiting on the day that SnS is avalible.

Barney, welcome I'm starting the process of moving. I'm moving from Hoover Al to Knoxville TN.

I've been reading this site for a couple of years but finally joined a few weeks ago. Great group with lots of knowledge

Comment

• barney
      barney commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you sir.

Welcome to the pit Barney

Comment

• barney
      barney commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you ! Hope I can graduate some while being a grasshopper.

Welcome Barney,

Comment

• barney
      barney commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks ! I see you have a kettle pizza. I saw a Weber pizza stone at Lowe's while I was looking around. My son wants a pizza sometime but I'm going to wait till I get used to using my 21.5 kettle.

Welcome to The Pit!!!!!!

Comment

• barney
      barney commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad to be here my friend ! Besides all the cooking stuff you have.....I bet you have a rod & reel or two. I think my wife loves fishing more than me. We're bank fishers but plan trips every chance we can. Lake's are real low in this area (you can't see the bath tub ring on the damn at Lake Travis right now....51' lower). Boaters can't launch boats. Don't own a boat but still can't fish there because I can't go down & up rock cliffs to the water at Pale Face Park there.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      barney I have more rods and reels than I know what to do with and my collection grows every year. Our lakes up here are the complete opposite. Last summer, many lakes (including Minnetonka) had to go to "NO WAKE" because the water was so high people were losing their shorelines to the wave action. Sounds like you need to head north for some action. All you have to do is get on I-35 in Dallas and head north!!

Welcome to the site. Where in Texas are you?

Comment

Originally posted by PenskeFile View Post
      Welcome to the site. Where in Texas are you?
      We live in Kyle (between Austin & San Marcos)

Comment

Want to say thank you for all the welcomes. Didn't know there was a Weber "cult" until I bought my kettle.

Comment

Hook 'Em barney! Welcome from a Class of '85 Longhorn.

Comment

• barney
            barney commented
            Editing a comment
            Hookem Horn's back at ya The Burn

​Welcome to The Pit barney! Glad to have you here, welcome to the family. Yes you'll love what the SnS can do for that kettle.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• barney
            barney commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Huskee ! Homework, I'm on it ! I'm just a grasshopper to most of the folks here. Plan of some ribs tomorrow or Tuesday (depending on the weather) to break-in my new kettle. I will keep an eye out for the next purchase....the SnS !

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here