Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings everyone, just joined the Club!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings everyone, just joined the Club!

Hello Fellow Smokers! I just joined the Pitmaster Club; I'm looking forward to reading the forums here! (Because honestly, what else do I have to do right now?) Anyhow, I stumbled across Amazing Ribs awhile back, when I smoked my first brisket. I followed Meathead's recipe to a "T", and it came out PERFECT. I had invited some friends over for this inaugural brisket, and I honestly told them, "I don't know how this will turn out, we may be ordering pizza!" But it was great, and from then on, I was hooked.

My two favorite things to smoke are briskets and pork butt. I'm still working out some kinks on ribs, probably because I don't smoke them that often. Oh, and I also smoke artichokes! I know, it's not as mouth watering as beef or pork, but trust me, they're tasty!

I don't have a fancy electric smoker, just an old school "barrel" type offset smoker. Honestly, it works great, you just have to keep an eye on it. And because I live in Arizona, I have a steady supply of mesquite wood from the trees on my property, so I smoke with that, plus pecan or sometimes hickory. I prefer to smoke low and slow, especially since my barrel smoker can be hard to "dial in" at higher temps. I usually have it somewhere between 180-220. I did invest in a quality thermometer system, which cost almost as much as the smoker itself. Worth it!

I hope everyone here is staying well, and (mostly) sane. I'll be smoking brisket and ribs this weekend, probably while sipping some bourbon. Happy Smoking, everyone!

P.S. I'm a woman. Yes, my husband is a lucky, lucky man.

Welcome from south Texas! Glad you’re here!

Comment

Welcome from WI!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Interesting that you use a "barrel smoker" as you call it. Ther’s a many members would give a lot to have unlimited mesquite to cook with and only even. Whew! You are very savy at fire control, which is a must with what yer cookin on. Cool! Welcome, eat good & have fun!
              We would be interested in yer pics of yer cooker & maybe even some of the wood.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas! Yes, your husband is a luck man. There are more than one wives of lucky husbands in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from AL

Comment

Welcone from TN. Hmmmm, bourbon and q, I would say hubby is lucky indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by FireMan View Post
                          You are very savy at fire control, which is a must with what yer cookin on. Cool! Welcome, eat good & have fun!
                          We would be interested in yer pics of yer cooker & maybe even some of the wood.
                          I admit it was a challenge at first, but I've got it dialed in now, so thanks! And yeah, I do feel really lucky to have mesquite here. I'll upload some pics this weekend!

Comment

Salutations from Hays, Kansas! Go Pack Go!

Comment

Welcome from Houston Arizona Packer Backer ! Plenty of BBQ experts here to help you perfect your trade, but more importantly, plenty of fellow Cheeseheads here, too!!!! As a former member here used to say, "Eat well and prosper!" Also, GO PACK GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here