Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long time smoker, first time poster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long time smoker, first time poster

Greetings everyone from Central PA. I have been grilling and smoking for many years, I really got into it about a decade ago when I started using charcoal baskets to create a smoker from my Weber kettle. A few years later I upgraded to a Weber Smokey Mountain and started perfecting my art (and science!). As my family grew, the convenience of a pellet grill called out to me and, as always, consulted AmazingRibs to help me settle on the Camp Chef Woodwind.

These days, I smoke everything I can get my hands on and more often than not, Memphis Dust finds it way onto it. I'm a huge believer in this website and the scientific approach to cooking. I'm a true grilling mythbuster and joined some smoking Facebook groups just to help disseminate the straight dope on grilling and smoking science. I also dabble in curing and smoking my own bacon, sausage and fish, cheese smoking, as well as using sous vide to complement and enhance my smoked foods. Meathead's been with me every step of the way, so I thought now is a great time to join and be part of this great community. Thanks!

Welcome from NEPA!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Glad to have you. Welcome from SC!

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota. Enjoy The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg.

Comment

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!
                            Cheers from Norway

Comment

Welcome! Great avatar.

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here