Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introduction from Southeast MA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introduction from Southeast MA

Hi,
    I am (physically) social distancing here in MA. I love all cooking tech, Sous Vide, Instant Pot, steam, coffee roasting. I've had gassers forever but started with Weber 22 last year and found this site via Kenji recs from Serious Eats.
    Loving to charcoal now (though the gasser has it's virtues in the cold weather). Have smoked ribs x2, Turkey, lots of chicken, smashburgers, salmon.
    I've acquired SnS, Fireboard, Mo's smoking pouch and recently a Vortex knockoff (which I haven't used yet). Have been looking forward to warmer weather to really get into the 22 but Covid has put a dent in things- my job puts my household at risk so I am out of the kitchen.
    In the interim I have been enjoying reading and learning about all things BBQ mainly from this site but a few others and though I'm a lurker by nature enjoy the camaraderie I see here and love hearing about your cooks and hacks- lets me relax and pretend I'm tasting smoke.
    PS have my eye on Oklahoma Joe Bronco but I think Covid will delay it till next year.
    regards all

Welcome from Colorado ... stay safe!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Puxico, MO!

i started on charcoal myself and have used a few different types of cookers and grills. My goal is to get a stick burner, but looking at Shirley. Expensive, but known for known for quality.

Comment

Welcome from Wilson County, Texas!

Comment

Welcome from California! I’ve got family in Hyannis, which I believe also qualifies as southeast MA, yes?

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you and your gassers. Burrr... yeah it’s been a bit chilly here.

Comment

Yup, covid has changed a lot of things as we know it. Welcome, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Robermax View Post
                        Hi,
                        I am (physically) social distancing here in MA. I love all cooking tech, Sous Vide, Instant Pot, steam, coffee roasting. I've had gassers forever but started with Weber 22 last year and found this site via Kenji recs from Serious Eats.
                        Loving to charcoal now (though the gasser has it's virtues in the cold weather). Have smoked ribs x2, Turkey, lots of chicken, smashburgers, salmon.
                        I've acquired SnS, Fireboard, Mo's smoking pouch and recently a Vortex knockoff (which I haven't used yet). Have been looking forward to warmer weather to really get into the 22 but Covid has put a dent in things- my job puts my household at risk so I am out of the kitchen.
                        In the interim I have been enjoying reading and learning about all things BBQ mainly from this site but a few others and though I'm a lurker by nature enjoy the camaraderie I see here and love hearing about your cooks and hacks- lets me relax and pretend I'm tasting smoke.
                        PS have my eye on Oklahoma Joe Bronco but I think Covid will delay it till next year.
                        regards all
                        Welcome from Woburn. I grew up in Scituate.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by Santamarina View Post
                            Welcome from California! I’ve got family in Hyannis, which I believe also qualifies as southeast MA, yes?
                            Oh, you bet. We love Cape Cod!

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here