Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Chattanooga, TN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Chattanooga, TN

Hello! My name is Roger King from Chattanooga, TN. I've been a silent follower of the main free site for years. It has been an extremely helpful resource in my meat smoking journey. I would definitely still consider myself a novice in the smoking realm, however, I has aspirations of starting a catering business in the future which could then lead towards a brick and mortar structure (which would also be a taproom focusing on local breweries/businesses). A couple of my friends and I have set some goals for our 2020 plan, however, Tennessee Department of Health prohibits the selling of prepared and cooked food without proper sanitary requirements such as sinks, prep area, etc... Essentially, a food truck is what they require. Food trucks were definitely not in initial plan due to a lower sustainability in our area as well as the initial cost to purchase one. Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated! I'm looking forward to branching out in this community!

Roger

Welcome from Virginia! Glad to have you with us.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Welcome, from North on I75 in Knoxville. I have always thought a food truck would be a cool endeavor, however as you indicated, you do need the truck first. There must be a way to take advantage of the UTK folks down there, assuming they return after all of these closings......

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota. Enjoy The Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Roger.

Comment

Welcome from Wilson County, Texas!

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

What's up, neighbor! Welcome from East Brainerd. Whenever you get that food business set up, count me in as a customer. And whenever this mess we are involved in gets straightened out, maybe we can hoist a few.

Comment

• Toolfan08
                        Toolfan08 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hey! I'm over on the North Shore! I'm currently using a PBC that I purchased from the ACE hardware of East Brainerd road. I'm wanting to expand to a larger offset soon, but I may have to gradually work my way up to the larger units

• klflowers
                        klflowers commented
                        Editing a comment
                        There are a couple - well one - guy on here that is pushing my in the pbc direction HawkerXP, but my wife has put her foot down on the wallet. Maybe someday, but probably not lol. I work in the old Blue Cross building on Market. Maybe lunch or a beer one day when the corona cloud lifts.
                        Last edited by klflowers; March 19, 2020, 06:41 PM.

Welcome from Colorado, Roger ...

Comment

Welcome from Massachusetts!

Comment

Ya gotta lotta stuff goin on for bein the silent one. Welcome, eat good & have fun.

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here