Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings and Salutations from Sunny (sometimes) North Alabama!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings and Salutations from Sunny (sometimes) North Alabama!

I have been a 'lurker' here in the pit for quite a while, and I am looking forward to the benefits of membership. I will gladly accept being considered a newbie in bbq, but I have had a charcoal grill of some sort for most of my life. I am kinda like the guy in that dr pepper commercial, "my hot dogs are amazing" and I don't use Dijon mustard! jus kidding.
    I don't have a dedicated smoker, like I want to anyway....not counting a store bought UDS, that I will not mention the name of...
    The last few years I became a Weber fan(atic), bought the 22.5' and a SNS, a smoky joe, and then I went too far and bought the Ranch Kettle. I was convinced I could make the Rancher into a smoker, bc after all, "it's not the cooker but the cook"! Too much to write about here now.
    There is so much to learn in the craft of Barbeque, that I finally became a member. Looking forward to the process....for some reason I just thought about coach Saban...LOL oh well, it's early. Thanks in advance to all !!

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!
      Cheers from Norway

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from Massachusetts!

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

The Ranch, whew, you went all in, interesting. Would like the story. Welcome, eat good & have fun.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome from about a hundred miles south of you! You may not have a dedicated smoker but you have something pretty close. That 22.5 kettle with the SNS can produce some serious smoked BBQ. Let that be your starting point. There are many folks here who will willingly help with good advice and knowledge if you ask. Also, there are MANY accessories for your 22.5" kettle available. Look to the SNS site as well at to the Weber site and of course to those here cooking with the same equipt you have.

Comment

Greetings from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Houston!!!

Comment

Welcome to the pit and greetings from Central AL. The kettle and SnS are great paired together. You’ve got capacity with the rancher and SnS.

Btw, R Tide or War Eagle?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here