Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Kansas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Kansas!

New to the forum, been backyard smoking for a few years. Started on a WSM then moved up to a Good-One Open Range. I'm in the middle of researching my next smoker. Torn between a great ceramic (Primo XL Oval or the Kamado Joe Big Joe II) and a great pellet grill. Since those two ceramics are almost 2K with accessories, stands, etc., I'm looking at the same price range for a pellet smoker. Looking at Yoder YS480 and Pitts & Spitts Maverick 850, and maybe MAK 1. I like my Open Range, but after the first 5 hours it takes a lot of tending. I like the idea of the ceramic being able to smoke low and also replace my Weber kettle. I welcome any input on any of these products. And just to muddy the water, if anyone thinks a lower price pellet grill like GMG Jim Bowie, Rec Tec, or CampChef is worth a look, please sound off. Thanks!

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Welcome from Wilson County, Texas!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia! Might also want to consider the SNS Kamado.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland. I love my Yoder and I know those who have a MAK do too, but I always believe you should buy the one that makes you happiest.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!
                  Cheers from Norway

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome from Massachusetts!

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you. Replace the kettle... Never. I just had my first cook on the Primo xl and let me tell you. It’s a thing!!

Go Primo!! That Big KJ is really sweet though.

Comment

Welcome! Ditto on the consideration of the SnS Kamado. It’ll do stuff the others can’t. Eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from the California Delta.
                            Love my YS640 and with the new FireBoard controller they have to be better.

Comment

Welcome from a fellow Kansan! I've owned a Yoder YS480 for over a year. Great pellet smoker, superior build quality, excellent heat retention and manufactured right here in Kansas. Replaced my Traeger Big Tex that was 11 years old. Just my two cents worth though, plenty of good choices out there, good luck!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here