Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been on here a while and haven't formally done an introduction.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been on here a while and haven't formally done an introduction.

Greetings, Salutations and Blessings! I have been following you all for some time. A month or so ago I signed up to become a part of the community of those who love to learn how to cook the right way. Years ago when I was a youngster I was a manager in an Italian restaurant. I learned a lot about sauces etc... Was one of the most sought after restaurants at that time. As a Southerner my desire is to learn more about the intricacies of BBQ and delivering a quality experience to those who indulge in my cooking. When I thought I knew it all "Meathead" proved me wrong. Nah I don't hate him for it I love him for it for he has brought me closer to the chef I desire to be. I am no longer in the restaurant business. I'm just cooking for the neighborhood now. It means I want to refine my potential. And that friends is why on my retirement budget I joined this group. I consider this group as "Continued Education" ! So far there is less than 1% that I don't agree with. And I expect to find I will be corrected on that 1%. A great forum and proud to be included. Thank you all and Blessings!

Welcome SantaGlenn! Glad to have you here. Nice intro post! What are you using for cookers/grills? What's your favorite thing to smoke/grill, and what do you hope to improve on? Don't worry about that 1%, there will always be a little wiggle room for personal preference with some of this, and no one will always agree with everyone on every technique. But, Meathead along with Dr. Blonder's help have rooted out some of the old myths that should be laid to rest, and that's where many of us are saved the trouble and expense of ruined meat or at the very least less than stellar dinners!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the pit Santa

Comment

Welcome Aboard, Santa!

Comment

Hi Santa. For Christmas I would like a WSM 22.5 and a OTG 26.75.

Thanks!

Comment

I love your bio.

"Occupation: Santa Clause..... "

Welcome to The Pit!!!

Comment

Hey SG! Welcome

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here