Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me to select.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me to select.

I want to buy a chair. It might be a surprising gift for my DAD. On 22-Mar he will 71.
    Please suggest...

What kind of chair?

Comment

All our living room furniture is from the Ashley north shore collection, but they do not have a recliner, so if that is what you are looking for, sorry.

Comment

George441 it will be hard for us to suggest furniture to you, not knowing you or your father, or for that matter, much about furniture stores in France. There are a LOT of chairs out there! Kitchen chairs, computer desk chairs, sitting room chairs, recliners, bar stools.... the list is endless!

I will be happy to talk about BBQ, smokers and meat though! . Maybe we are talking about a BBQ chair?

Comment

Do you have an Ikea near you? That might be a good place to start, but we need more information in order to recommend something specific.

Comment

Try these. Expensive but very good quality and comfort. https://www.stressless.com/en

Comment

This is one of those decisions that one should really sit down and give some thought to. However, you have no chair, therefore you can't sit, therefore you can't give it thought. So, get a chair, sit down, and then it will occur to you that you now have a chair, therefore you no longer need give thought to the matter.

Seriously, not knowing your father we have no idea what kind of chair he would like. So ask him, "Father, if you could have any chair in the world, what would you get?" Then you can surprise him with it.

Comment

To follow ComfortablyNumb , you could just stand around until ya figger what kind of chair to git. Obviously ya need a chair to, cuz lendin him yers wasn’t mentioned. A worthy dilemma, a chairless Pit member. Ya could git a bed, then lie around figgerin what kind of chair to git. Oh what to do!

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
                  ComfortablyNumb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  When in doubt, smoke wibs.

A chair with tall legs. I now have risers on all the furniture in the house for my pops’ visits. He really isn’t that picky but getting in and out of a taller chair makes all the difference.

Comment

Please suggest which chair might help him to do his regular works like, reading newspaper with a cup of tea, gossiping with neighbors and many more house-related work.

Comment

• pkadare
                    pkadare commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Je ne pense pas que vous aurez beaucoup de chance avec les suggestions du chaise ici. Ce n'est vraiment pas le but du club Pitmaster. Si vous posez des questions sur les grillades, le fumage, la cuisine, etc., vous obtiendrez de très bonnes réponses. Bienvenue au club mon ami!
                    Last edited by pkadare; March 10, 2020, 05:56 AM. Reason: Chair in French is not really président in this context. :-)

Never thought we'd need a chair channel, but there appears to be a need...

Comment

• smokin fool
                    smokin fool commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Perhaps a gift registry channel would be helpful too.

thanks to all.

Comment

Hi friends,
                    Around 30 mints ago i received La-Z boy recliner from Amazon. Thanks this site they help me to choose the right one for my dad.
                    Once again thanks,
                    And thanks to all for your kind suggestions.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                      Mr. Bones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Really glad to hear that ya found a suitable chair fer yer Father.
                      I'da never offered up my two cent, as chairs are summat outside of my range of expertise.
                      Happy Birthday to yer Father!
                      Glad yer here with us, lookin forward to hearin more from ya.

• George441
                      George441 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks, @Mr.Bones

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  Rubs Promo
                  Meat-Up in Memphis