Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old smoker excited to be a part of this great forum!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old smoker excited to be a part of this great forum!

I have access to a convection oven which has a smoker insert. The temperature, humidity, and fan speed are all adjustable. I was asked to smoke a pork loin. Any suggestions on technique/rubs/marinades? Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance.
    A.K.

How much smoke will that thing put out?

Comment

I’ve used various recipes and rubs for pork loin - one way I’ve done it that was top notch was to stuff it with canned apple pie filling and top with some more of the apple pie filling and some brown sugar. I always dry brine overnight too, with salt or with whatever rub I want to use.

For technique - pork loin is best cooked to 140-145 at the most, otherwise it is dried out. If you pull at 140 internal temp, carry over cooking will take it to 145.

Comment

• Skip
        Skip commented
        Editing a comment
        +1 on don't overcook.

• LA Pork Butt
        LA Pork Butt commented
        Editing a comment
        +2 over cooking will dry it out. Switching to a Boston Butt might be a better choice for smoked pork.

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Which also means you're not going to get a lot of smoke flavor. But that's fine, because loin is a delicate kind of cut flavor-wise.

Not sure what a convection oven with smoker insert is capable of ... but here’s some good reading material: https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...ork-loin-roast

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Roll fillet it, stuff with crawfish, diced jalapenos, jack cheese, and boudan. Roll back up, and coat I Cajun seasoning. Wrap in the sliced bacon and smoke with hickory at 225° until 135° remove and let carryover take it up to 140-145°. Then let cool back down while you crank the pit up to 500° convect with no water, no smoke. Put back in oven for about 10 minutes to crisp the bacon (maybe less). Remove slice and serve with grits. Cook directly on the racks with the pan below to catch drippings.

Comment

• fzxdoc
            fzxdoc commented
            Editing a comment
            I think my stomach just fell in love.

Kathryn

• klflowers
            klflowers commented
            Editing a comment
            Damn, man!!!! I need a luv button for this post.
            Last edited by klflowers; March 7, 2020, 11:23 AM.

• 58limited
            58limited commented
            Editing a comment
            Made this awhile back, definitely worth it!

Dont have any help, sorry. But this is a great forum. Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

Is your smoker old or you, LOL welcome to the best BBQ forum. Watch temp's as other's have said. Easy to dry out.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Wow! You rate! You get a dynamite recipe with yer welcome committee. Eat good & have fun!

Comment

I got so excited by the recipe texastweeter posted that I forgot to welcome you to the pit from TN

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here