Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Harlingen, TX...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Harlingen, TX...

Hello everyone. My name is Art Olivarez and I'm excited to be a part of this awesome community of grilling enthusiasts!
    I've been grilling for over 20 years, but I've only grilled the usual cuts of meat: chicken leg quarters, thighs, beef fajitas, and hamburgers.

I've been looking to up my game, but didn't really know where to turn. A few months ago, I saw a YouTube video on how to properly grill steaks. It featured Meathead on a news segment on how to grill thick steaks and skinny steaks. Once I googled the name "Meathead", I found this site.

All can say is "wow". I am very impressed with the wealth of knowledge displayed here. I'm hoping to learn much from this site and from everyone of my fellow grillers. My goals are to one day smoke a brisket and a turkey.

I hail from Harlingen, TX which is located in deep South Texas, approximately 30 miles west of South Padre Island. Once again, I am excited to be a part of this forum and hope to learn much.

Happy grilling!

Welcome to the pit Art

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, Art. Based upon your goals I recommend starting with the turkey, it's pretty easy to cook on the grill. Brisket is challenging but also very rewarding.

Comment

Welcome aboard Art. This is definitely the place to come to up your game. Last time I was in Harlingen was Spring Break 1983, when we stayed with a friend's uncle to do Padre.

Comment

Thanks, guys.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit olvrab00! Glad to have you here, and NICE job on your signature, looks somewhat familiar. Soon you'll be able to get your hands on another device for one of your kettles, the Slow 'N Sear. You'll like it!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here