Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Arlington, VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Arlington, VA

Finally decided to join the club. I've used the site for years and got lots of good information. I currently have a Horizon offset, a BGE (wife got it for a 5 year work anniversary from her company - why can't I get a job like that?) and a big hole where my cheap, Chinese Charbroil 904 rusted away recently. I grill a lot of steaks (rib eyes are the favorite), smoke a lot of salmon, meat loaf, pork shoulders/ribs, etc, and make pastrami and sausage from scratch.

Currently, I'm looking for a new grill and designing a shed for grill accessory storage.I'm also looking for ideas for making the area I grill in more of an outdoor kitchen. Not one of the ones you can have where the weather is good with running water, etc but just a collection of my smoker, new grill, and BGE with some countertops/work surfaces and storage.

My eye keeps wandering to the Engelbrecht 1000 or one of the Grillworks grills and to keep the cost down I'm thinking of getting one without the legs so I can build it in to a work area.

Advice appreciated and hello!

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas! I cook on a BGE.

Comment

Welcome from Forest, VA!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from the California Delta. I think you'll fit right in. There are lots of options open in the price range you're looking in. Lone Star Grills, Gator grills and more.
        I have a David Klose 20"x42" Grill Chef Grill and love it. It's a tank.

Comment

• rwhfly
          rwhfly commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll check out the Klose grill. Thanks!

Welcome to the Pit!
        Cheers from Norway

Comment

Welcome from TN

Comment

Welcome from Raleigh, NC

Comment

Welcome from Massachusetts!

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Keeping costs down is a big mistake. IMO. Just go out and buy that big cooker WITH legs.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome from Philadelphia, Pa. I use my BGE all the time, especially as the weather gets warmer.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here