Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Entered an intro....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entered an intro....

Well, I bought a membership and entered an intro but it disappeared. Before typing a whole new one I thought I'd see if this one disappears too.

EDIT: Well, it appears this one stuck! Thanks for all the welcomes. I'm near St. Louis Missouri.

I'm only slightly experienced at smoking. A few ribs and butts and one brisket, one batch of venison summer sausage that came out great and one that sucked. I have read a lot though (pic of my kitchen bookshelf below). Hopefully some of it will stick.

Summer sausage is #1 on my list to perfect. And to experiment with smoked venison jerky and other other wild game. I have made a lot of corned venison, but am anxious to try some pastrami.

I've been using an old Masterbuilt 30" smoker (which I don't trust), but just upgraded to an MES 340G (still in it's box), which I plan to modify to use an Auber PID & fan, and the mailbox trick with the amazn thingy. My dream is to have a setup I can trust to do what I say and not require babysitting.

Some googling led me to the "Science Of Curing Meats Safely" and "What You Need To Know About Safe Serving Temperatures" articles here. Super informative! This is clearly the right place to go to learn, so I joined.

I look forward to what comes next!

Click image for larger version  Name:	smokebooks.jpg Views:	5 Size:	212.0 KB ID:	809759
    Last edited by KillerNoms; February 29, 2020, 03:22 PM.

Welcome! This one turned up.

Comment

So far so good! Welcome to The Pit from Houston!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome from Utah!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Huh? What’s that? Is there someone there??

Huntington Beach welcomes you. Rejection, story of my life.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

It worked! Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome from Chico, CA

Comment

Howdy from the Great State of Jefferson!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here