Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings all....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings all....

Thought it best to go ahead and join the club........I look forward learning more about using the PBC. I cooked for the first time last night and and it didn't go so well. It was a St. Louis cut rack of ribs, had to trim the bottom as it was too long and rested on the handle of the coal basket...............it was a good 2 - 3 inches from the coals and I still managed to burn the bottom end, had to cut the burned bottom away. I'm sure it's me and not the cooker, but I'll be darned if I know what it is. Maybe I had too much coals, IDK.....eyeballed the 1/4 way open on the vent, if it's off, it sure isn't by much.

But I'm glad I'm here, look foward to learning.

Welcoem Chuck! You definitely have THE world's best online support for the PBC here and the largest collection of PBC pros anywhere right here at your fingertips. You'll be one of them soon and helping the next newcomer.

Since this is one of your first posts, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome Chuck. I'm not a PBC owner, but there are so many here that I'm sure they'll help you figure out what's going on.

Comment

Welcome to the pit Chuck

Comment

Welcome, what was your starting method? My guess is lighter fluid. I only say that because the only time I have burned the bottom (it always is overdone on the very end because fire) was hanging right over freshly lit coals. I try to light one side, hang on the other. If I have a full barrel of ribs I let the temp spike and settle before putting them on and I rotate after an hour.

Comment

Welcome Chuck! We have already been talking to you in other threads... I am sure you be happy here and learn a lot! There are some darn fine pitmasters here.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here