Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Richard Cullip - Poway, CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richard Cullip - Poway, CA

Greetings from warm Southern Calif. I've been BBQing for the last 8 years. I started right after retiring. I have a 22" Weber kettle that sits in a small BBQ cart I built. I use the Slow 'n Sear insert exclusively as I mostly slow cook with indirect heating. My favorite meats to cook are pork butt for pulled pork, St Louis style ribs, chicken leg-thigh quarters and Tri-tip. I have yet to cook a brisket since it's just my wife and I with occasionally meals with our younger daughter and even a smallish brisket flat is too much meat for us. Just this past week I've added a Pit Viper fan and FireBoard controller to my Weber and am loving the rock-solid temperature control this combo gives me. I can set it at my usual 225 degree target when cooking pork and, finally, I don't have to keep running outside to the Weber and fiddling with the lower vents to keep at the target temperature. Wish I would have discovered his setup sooner.

Welcome from Colorado, Richard ...

Comment

Salutations from Hays, Kansas!!

Comment

Welcome! I'll have to check out that fan- sounds like I need one.

Comment

Howdy from a bit north in Altadena.

Comment

Welcome from your neighbor in Solana Beach I’ve learned how easy it is from this site to make spareribs much better than our local Phils BBQ chain.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome aboard.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Richard. If a brisket is too large, try smokin' a chuck roast. It cooks the same as a butt, but usually needs to go a bit higher in temp to be probe tender. This makes great pulled chuck roast. If you would prefer to slice it, pull it just before it's probe tender.
                      Most here prefer a beef type rub or salt and pepper - maybe adding some garlic and onion powder.

Comment

• HawkerXP
                        HawkerXP commented
                        Editing a comment
                        +1 on doing chuckie instead of brisket.

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome from Massachusetts!

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you and that fine cooker.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here