Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member, Long Time Lurker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member, Long Time Lurker

The advantages of being in the Pitmaster Club brought me out after many years of regularly visiting Amazing Ribs.

I grew up and lived in Louisiana in the 50's through the early 90's and then moved to Dallas as part of a job move. Louisiana boys (and girls) are typically taught to cook at an early age. I was no different and loved to cook from the beginning. Smoking on my Large BGE and my offset smoker for friends and family is always fun and rewarding. And its always a challenge to improve the results from the last effort. This site has significantly contributed to my improvement on grilling and smoking foods. I am amazed at how much knowledge is now at our fingertips verses back before the internet took off - I'm sure the other folks around my age feel the same.

I'm happy about being in the Pitmaster Club and look forward to what the future brings. I have no doubt that I will continue to grow as a smoker and a griller through the vast knowledge on this site. Hopefully, I can pass down some knowledge to others on the site as well.

Nolan
    Last edited by NGS; August 7, 2014, 04:27 PM. Reason: edit -forgot to end with my name

Hey Nolan. I've been in east Texas since 2001. Born ('76) and raised in southwest Louisiana on a rice farm.

Welcome and thanks for the support. Everybody at work asks if I have an egg. Sorry, Pit Barrel here.

Comment

Hi There NGS Nice to meet you!

Comment

Hey Nolan, great intro, nice to have you here. You were at the seminar with DrB yesterday, right? Good questions, MH liked them.

Hope to hear more from you here.

Comment

Hi Nolan,

Welcome to the Pit! I have learned so much in the week or so I have been here! I hope to be able to learn more from another veteran smoker such as yourself!

Trevis

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Nolan! When you have a moment please check out my Welcome letter and Tips post. They'll help you get all that great info in your original post into your signature. You can find them here.

I'll echo Huskee's sentiment. Excellent questions you posed yesterday for the seminar.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the welcoming! Jerod, I've had some great Q from pit barrels. David, I'll check out your tips on posting - thanks. I did "attend" the seminar and I'm glad I did - learned some things about salt that will change my rub techniques for larger cuts of beef. I'm a geologist by trade so I really enjoy digging into the science of things, particularly BBQ and bread. So simple yet so complex below the surface. Thanks again everyone - Nolan

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here