Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member in Grapevine, TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member in Grapevine, TX

Hello All

I've been meaning to join for a while and finally took the plunge. With a 3 and 5 year old, I don't have time for a lot of long cooks so I use my PK 360 and/or Kettle for both grilling and smoking. I've been grilling for a long time but got the bug for low and slow about 5 years ago and I find myself enjoying it more and more as time goes by.

That said, I thought it was time to take the next step so, after a lot of research (online research is brutally annoying imo), I moved forward on a Lang 36" Hybrid. It was just delivered a few days ago. I know pellet smokers are all the rage right now but I really enjoy the whole process of keeping a clean fire and maintaining temp control. I feel like I have my PK and Kettle pretty dialed in although there's also plenty of room for improvement. Pork butts, ribs, ribeyes, fish and vegetables are my most common cooks but I'm expecting that to change now that I have my new toy. But I've also braced myself for a substantial learning curve with my first stick burner.

Looking forward to lots of back and forth with everybody!

Matt

Welcome from TN. We like pics, so when you get a minute, post some of that new Lang. And whatever you turn out on any of the cookers.

Comment

• MTurney
      MTurney commented
      Editing a comment
      Pics posted in the comments below, excited to get it seasoned and get going. Thanks for the welcome!

used to live in Colleyville... kids went to Grapevine High. welcome

Comment

• MTurney
      MTurney commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks! we spend a lot of time in colleyville...we love the area

Welcome from Illinois. Congrats on the new grill. The Lang is on my shortlist of grills I will own someday.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta. I like the way you think; just jump in the deep end. Hear nothing but good about the Lang smokers.
      Like mentioned above, let's see some pictures please.

Comment

• MTurney
        MTurney commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks for the welcome! pics posted in the comments below

Welcome from MD!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. There are a lot of people here that burn sticks and all are very willing to help. My first tip is a small hot fire produces the best smoke. A larger fire damped down to maintain a temp will not produce that great smoke.

Comment

• MTurney
            MTurney commented
            Editing a comment
            thanks so much! advice like that is ALWAYS welcome. planning on doing plenty of dry runs to get an idea of temp control and clean smoke

Welcome from Colorado, Matt ...

Comment

Here are some pics of the new Lang 36” Hybrid! The thing is a monster...wouldn’t even fit through the backyard gate so I’ll have to remove a few panels haha.
            Attached Files

Comment

• ofelles
              ofelles commented
              Editing a comment
              Doesn't get a whole lot nicer than that. With the off-road package even!

• klflowers
              klflowers commented
              Editing a comment
              Man, that is a nice piece of equipment.

• FlipperPhilsy
              FlipperPhilsy commented
              Editing a comment
              Very nice and tanky looking. Welcome from oregon

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

• MTurney
              MTurney commented
              Editing a comment
              thanks brother!

Welcome from Wilson County, Texas (E. of San Antonio)! Glad you’re here.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from Massachusetts!

Comment

Welcome! I'm in Keller, so we're neighbors! Lot's of great folks here!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here