Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A beginner from upstate NY.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A beginner from upstate NY.

I'm so glad I found this!,
    I'm a starter for smoking, and about to buy my first.
    I'm looking for opinions, so please be up front.
    I was gonna get the masterbuilt electric m30 box with bluetooth, but the reviews say its junk, the weber bullet then caught my eye, and so far, it looks awesome!.
    thoughts?.
    Last edited by LonghornChief51; February 14, 2020, 06:59 PM.

Welcome from the California Delta.
    You will get honest answers and opinions here, and lots of then too.
    More info on what type of cooking you do and fuel you what to use.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200214_160532.jpg Views:	0 Size:	6.73 MB ID:	802878 Awesome .
      I'm a charcoal and stick guy. Anything else belongs inside.
      I'm a huge midwest and Texas BBQ fan. Lots of chicken, pork, and brisket.
      I want to start learning how to smoke, and so far this seems like the place to be.
      I would prefer chips to pellets, chips just seem so much more pure to me.

above is the smoker box I'm concerned about buying.
      Last edited by LonghornChief51; February 14, 2020, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts. To get an idea go to this channel

Tell us about your grills, smokers, pizza ovens, griddles, outdoor kitchens, or ask fellow members before buying. <i>For fuel & fire discussion, such as charcoal brands and types, pellet types, etc, please use the "Fuels and Fire" channel below.</i> For expert hands-on reviews, see Max Good's and other team members' detailed professional test results @ https://amazingribs.com/ratings-reviews/grill-and-smoker-reviews

any question Max Good is the king of cookers for this community. he puts them through the ringer and lets us know the results.

Comment

Salutations from Hays, Kansas! For equipment recommendations check out the free site and various reviews of what’s available. As you narrow your search ask questions because someone here for sure has cooked with one of whatever your considering.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome aboard from the lower side of NY.

You mention that you’re a charcoal and stick guy.
              With that already said don’t waste your time and money on an electric smoker.

How much/many people will you regularly cook for?
              What equipment do you already have?

Your gonna get a lot of responses here. But we’re going to need more info from you.

And don’t be shy to ask questions. That’s why we’re all here for.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. It would also help if we knew how many you think you will be cookin' for. Also, do you know how much smoke flavor you want? An electric will give the least amount of smoke flavor - even with chips. Gas will give a little more smoke flavor with chips. Then comes charcoal where you can add wood chunks if you need more smoke, but you may have enough flavor without chunks. A wood burner will give the "best" wood flavor if you have a very hot and clean fire.

Comment

• Dewesq55
                  Dewesq55 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not to pick an argument with RonB , but I have a Masterbuilt electric cabinet which, while I don't use it much any more, has pretty good smoke flavor. What you won't get is any smoke ring, but that's just cosmetic. Also, you can mos def use chunks in a propane box, not merely chips.

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from NE Pa!

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome from Massachusetts!

Comment

It would also help if we knew how much money we are working with. Do you have 401K’s investment properties, any spare cars to sell, ya know, we gotta know the financial parameters here to make a good decision fer ya. Do ya like sauce on yer meat or not? There will be more questions as we go. Welcome, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here