Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a replacement Weber grill grate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a replacement Weber grill grate

I love my ber for grilling and a year ago I tried a cast iron grate thinking I would like it as much as I like my cast iron skillets. WRONG!!! Despite my best attempts at keeping it oiled and seasoned, it's just not providing the quality had hoped.
    Does anyone have any suggestions for a stainless steel replacement grate? I see several on Amazon and think I want the "thickest" grill bars and would simply like some ideas from this esteemed cooking group.
    Thanks,
    Mark

Gasser or kettle? If kettle, go to Dave at SnS with the spin grate, high quality.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! For the kettle I'd do like FireMan said and go to https://snsgrills.com/collections/grates you can also get Grill Grates which work well so I here.
      Grill Grates can also be had for a gas grill. https://www.grillgrate.com/science-of-grillgrates/
      Last edited by HawkerXP; February 10, 2020, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.
        Last edited by RonB; February 10, 2020, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Thanks Fireman...I should have been more clear about my Weber 22". I saw the spin grill and I really like being able to adjust the level and/or move the meat to indirect by a half rotation.

Comment

For sure the easy spin grate. I bought 3 from them. Get the SnS if you don’t already have it.

The SnS is a game changer for the kettles. I bought two. One for my 22 and 26. The best money you’ll spend on the kettle is the SnS. They have combo packs that save a few bucks and usually some type of sale or coupon.

Go for the Combo of SnS, DnG and the easy spin. Hey while your at it grab the 4 probe XR-50 to monitor your grill and protein.

Other than that ask FireMan He's real good at spending other people’s money.
            Last edited by HouseHomey; February 10, 2020, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Follow up to my initial request for a replacement grate for my Weber kettle. I took Fireman's advise and ordered a bundle kit from SnS. I am so happy with it and would recommend it to anyone. I now have much more control on the grill area. It's just a great add-on.

Thanks all!!!

Comment

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                Cool! Enjoy!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here