Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introduction and a request for help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salutations from Hays, KS! Great advice above. If you are cooking for 6 you'll need some surface area. That said, I echo the above sentiment to scout out the review sections and check out the various posts on specific cookers you are interested in here. Folks are happy to help!

Comment

Welcome from Sunny SoCal...

I'm a little biased towards the WSM. Great cooker. Turns out great BBQ...and owners have won lots of awards. The PBC also seems like a great cooker, and some people here love there’s...but I’ve never even seen one, let alone used one. So yeah, the WSM wins that contest for ME hands down. Even with a controller, should you feel you need it, it would come in below budget.

If I didn’t have my WSCGC, I’d have a 22” WSM in a heartbeat.

Comment

• Miscad
        Miscad commented
        Editing a comment
        After a lot of great advice, I’m now leaning toward a WSCG. Just looking for the best deal now.

Welcome!

I have a gasser, Weber with a SNS, and a PBC. For me it's the perfect combination and set up. Like others, I live in MN where it gets quite cold, and the PBC has worked perfectly in below zero weather. My one knock on the PBC is the lack of control you have over the temps, but I purchased the cyberQ and that was the perfect solution.

The Weber w the SNS is perfect for grilling and I also like it when I want some food to have a little less smoke than the PBC can provide (I prefer my chicken to be more of a roasted flavor than smoked).

Comment

Gritty! Welcome to The Pit from Philadelphia.

Comment

Welcome from California!

As EdF mentioned, if my budget could possibly move up to $1500 I’d be looking at the KBQ.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here