Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoking in Cape Cod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking in Cape Cod

My name is Bill Rice and I live on Cape Cod in Massachusetts. I found this site when I signed up to attend the meat up in Memphis. I’m looking forward to becoming part of this community.

My day job is publisher of the Family Cookbook Project (Http://www.FamilyCookbookProject.com), a website that helps individuals create personalized printed cookbooks for their friends and families. It’s great to have all of your recipes in one easy to use cookbook.

I have been grilling all my life, but started smoking meats about 3 years ago. My good friend and business partner Chip has a big green egg and got me involved in the fine art of smoking meats. I started with a box smoker and last year ago graduated to an XL Louisiana grills Komodo grill (A great deal at Costco about $600). I’ve added a Flame Boss 500 which allows me to set up my smoker during the summer and spend the day on my boat and still be able to watch the food temperatures.

While I enjoy smoking and grilling the usual: ribs, chicken and brisket. I also enjoy experimenting with different foods. Some of my better efforts include smoked nuts, oysters, fish, paella, watermelon, pizza. If you have not tried grilling a BBQ chicken pizza yet, you don’t know what you’re missing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Aug19_0062.JPG
Views:	484
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	797849
    Here are a few racks of ribs ready for a summer crowd. Notice the Flame Boss temp probes.

Name:	July19_0329.PNG
Views:	230
Size:	645.8 KB
ID:	797850

Here are some smoked Oysters

Name:	July19_1151.JPG
Views:	252
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	797853

Summertime seafood on the grill.

Name:	Aug19_0378.JPG
Views:	247
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	797851

Me holding one of my famous Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza
    Attached Files

Welcome from the California Delta

Comment

Welcome from north of Boston. I grew up in Scituate.

Comment

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome - quite a resume and photos.

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts. Love the Cape, got to go there every summer for a few days. Been doing it for years.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Some interesting cooking going on at your place! Sweet!!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Bill.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota. Great looking cooks from you!

Comment

Welcome from the North Shore MA!

Comment

Welcome! And thanks for posting the great photos. It's not even 9am and I'm starving for BBQ now.

Kathryn

Comment

• HouseHomey
                              HouseHomey commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Right. Those oysters!! It’s 7:30 am

Welcome from the Fort. My wife is from Onset. We get to the cape in October every year. She goes back in July & January. Dang sure looks like you have mastered grilling! YUM!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here