Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Louisianan in Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Louisianan in Memphis

🙌

Finally joined the Pitmasters!

I’m JD originally from Farmerville, Louisiana, and I love LSU football. The LSU picture is from this years National Championship game in New Orleans.

Met my wife, Katie, and moved to her city in 2005, Memphis. The barbecue in Memphis is good. So good that I actually know more about Memphis cooking than Louisiana cooking. Need to work on that. Anyway, that’s a picture of us at The Roosevelt in New Orleans this last Christmas.

We have three kids (Nora, 6, and twin boys James and Simon, 5). Their favorite restaurant is Huey’s, a Memphis burger chain. Nora’s favorite food is baked beans and pulled pork. Simon likes the healthy green stuff. James only eats chicken tenders and club crackers.

Have been running by backyard for eight years cooking off of a Weber propane and electric dorm fridge style smoker. Everything I’ve learned has been on AmazingRibs.com. Added a Primo to start using charcoal and for its versatility, figured I’d finally invest in you guys as part of that purchase. The picture is a pork butt from my first cook. I want a dedicated smoker next, been eyeing that KBQ, but happy to take my time and learn slowly.

I have so many dumb questions to ask. Can’t wait to get to know y’all. Geaux Tigahs!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jdgraffam; January 25, 2020, 11:22 AM.

Great intro and nice pics! Your Rugrats are beautiful (as is your wife!) Welcome to the pit from the Poconos.

Comment

• jdgraffam
      jdgraffam commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the warm welcome.

Welcome to The Pit JD.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, JD ...

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

Geaux Tigers. I'm from Gueydan. Family has had season tickets for a long time for LSU football.

Welcome to The Pitmaster Club!

Comment

• jdgraffam
                    jdgraffam commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Man, you are way down South. Awesome! Got a good roux for me?

• Jerod Broussard
                    Jerod Broussard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    jdgraffam Never used a roux, just Wondra Flour to thicken up the goodness you already created in the pot.

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome aboard from Rockland County NY.

Well one way to get to know us better is to sign up for the Meat Up this summer. It’s not like you’ll have to travel very far. 😁

Comment

Originally posted by Steve B View Post
                      Welcome aboard from Rockland County NY.

Well one way to get to know us better is to sign up for the Meat Up this summer. It’s not like you’ll have to travel very far. 😁
                      Oh, I’m well aware of it. Waiting for missus to be in the right mood to ask

Comment

Welcome from Chico, CA

Comment

Welcome from south Texas! Love the family pics. I know you’re enjoying thst Primo.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here