🙌

Finally joined the Pitmasters!

I’m JD originally from Farmerville, Louisiana, and I love LSU football. The LSU picture is from this years National Championship game in New Orleans.

Met my wife, Katie, and moved to her city in 2005, Memphis. The barbecue in Memphis is good. So good that I actually know more about Memphis cooking than Louisiana cooking. Need to work on that. Anyway, that’s a picture of us at The Roosevelt in New Orleans this last Christmas.

We have three kids (Nora, 6, and twin boys James and Simon, 5). Their favorite restaurant is Huey’s, a Memphis burger chain. Nora’s favorite food is baked beans and pulled pork. Simon likes the healthy green stuff. James only eats chicken tenders and club crackers.

Have been running by backyard for eight years cooking off of a Weber propane and electric dorm fridge style smoker. Everything I’ve learned has been on AmazingRibs.com. Added a Primo to start using charcoal and for its versatility, figured I’d finally invest in you guys as part of that purchase. The picture is a pork butt from my first cook. I want a dedicated smoker next, been eyeing that KBQ, but happy to take my time and learn slowly.

I have so many dumb questions to ask. Can’t wait to get to know y’all. Geaux Tigahs!
Attached Files