Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here

Click image for larger version

Name:	DDB2A153-1894-412C-B6DA-4B669463EB00.jpeg
Views:	213
Size:	161.3 KB
ID:	792662Click image for larger version

Name:	CDAC6415-23DE-4FDD-BBB7-989511C0438A.jpeg
Views:	299
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	792661 Hi All,

im new to the site and find it very informative. I have A WSM I bought a few years back and have enjoyed smoking meats ever since. I also have a Weber 22 in with a custom built cart. I am looking to upgrade my smoker and have been using this site to get ideas. I have been looking at an all in one type of grill, any suggestions? I have been eyeing the hasty bake 357 but there are not a lot of reviews on it yet since it’s so new. I like the idea of getting small to mid size cabinet smoker and continue with the Weber 22. That thing is great for small cooks but would like to minimize the cookers in my backyard which is why the hasty bake appeals to me. Any thoughts? I’m open to kamados but the searing aspect just doesn’t seem the same. A buddy of mine is going to be getting the kamado kamado 32 inch this spring and can’t wait to see it in action but the price tag hurts a bit. I really want something that has a rotisserie function and want to find something better than just adding the Weber rotisserie to my arsenal. All recommendations are welcomed! These pics are from my strip loin roast I did for Xmas
    thanks-

Brett

Welcome to the Pit BrettRoemmich
    Cheers from Norway

Comment

Nice job, I'm free next Christmas if your smoking that again.
      I have a Broil King Keg so along the Kamado lines and agree searing can be problematic.
      Not that I'm looking but I'm in the same boat, what to buy next? so will be informative for many.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from the California Delta. You mentioned a Cabinet smoker in there, I'm going to be pulling the trigger in the next few weeks on one.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from La Crosse, Wi

Comment

Welcome from Florida. I have a very old original Kamado that I dearly love, but also suffer from not being able to add a quick sear. I read with very strong interest about the new M1 from M Grills in all stainless. Has very interesting similarities to the Hasty Bake but definitely has both smoking and searing options (albeit sometimes with a semi-awkward transition). Love how durable it looks, but it also has a steep price tag.

Comment

Welcome from Pittsburgh!

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts

Comment

Welcome from Wilson County, Texas!

Comment

Welcome from Chico, CA! Boy you sure asked the wrong people about advice on cookers. We will all help you spend your money. Hahahahahaha. For real grilling I am biased towards my Santa Maria grill. It is relatively cheap and does a wonderful job. If you decide on a cabinet type smoker, where you live may dictate what you decide to buy. Taxes and shipping costs can drive prices up. Also, there are a lot of good regional BBQ builders. It is what I decided to do for my cabinets. I save a good deal of money and got what fit my needs.

Comment

• BrettRoemmich
                    BrettRoemmich commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey tbob4 I’m from San Diego so I am glad you brought up the taxes and shipping. What do you recommend for cabinet smoker builders here in Cali?

• tbob4
                    tbob4 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I got mine from California Custom Smokers. He was in Visalia but retired. Website is still active, I believe. While probably a bit expensive, Arizona BBQ outfitters may have what you are looking for. I don’t personally know anyone who has o e, I am impressed with their builds and website.

Welcome to The Pit Brett.

Comment

Welcome!

I would point you to the Weber Summit Charcoal

and the M Grills M36
                    M Grills & Blazn Grill Works offers expertly crafted, American made grills and smokers manufactured in the USA. Our product line includes high-performance pellet, charcoal, and wood grills and smokers as well as competition and commercial grills made entirely in the United States.

Comment

• BrettRoemmich
                      BrettRoemmich commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hi Old Glory- the summit charcoal would be in my backyard now but it’s the rotisserie feature that it doesn’t have. Weber has to be coming out with something like the rotisseriejoe have you heard anything about that?

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome from Farmville, Va...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here