Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hoff, here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Hello Hoff, good to meet you.

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    Good deal. I find with Kingsford I typically leave one rebar out and/or crack the lid just a hair, to get the temp for the chicken. Be careful cracking the lid, if you leave it unattended too long it can get close to 500 degrees in dat dude.

The Maverick ET-732 is the best bang for the buck.

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    I'm letting him use one of my Mavs for now.

• TheHoff43
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
    Hey Hoff, you have any digital thermometers? That Pit Barrel needs to get good and hot (325 or so) for chicken.

Welcome, thanks for the support, and shoot away with any questions!!
    My coworker is letting me use on of his extras so I am good to go on the digital thermometer front. I'll be buying my own soon.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    Welcome Hoff! Now we can hang out here and in the office!!! Lucky you.

Hoff has followed both of my recommendations so far. (Joining AR and getting a PBC!!) There is hope for this one.

Glad to have you aboard!!!

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Hey Hoff, you have any digital thermometers? That Pit Barrel needs to get good and hot (325 or so) for chicken.

Welcome, thanks for the support, and shoot away with any questions!!

Leave a comment:

• TheHoff43
    started a topic Hoff, here

Hoff, here

Well, not really sure where to start. I've never smoked meat before. I just purchased a Pit Barrel Cooker and have a gas grill (nothing fancy) but my coworker mentioned this site and I've been reading it for a couple weeks. Hoping to smoke my first meat (chicken) this weekend.

Born and raised in Minnesota. I've noticed the lack of good BBQ and hopefully can supplement that by making my own. My main passion is craft beer. I don't brew because I won't invest what it would take to find what I like, but I've rated 1000's of beers and that has helped develop what I like in food.

Anyway, just hoping to make some good food for friends and family and find a new hobby to pair with drinking overpriced beer

Hoff

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here