Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Pittsburgh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Pittsburgh

Hi all,

Been on the forum for a couple months now. I just learned about the possibility of smoking with a Weber kettle at the end of last year and became very interested in learning how to do it.

A couple of weeks ago, as a gift to myself for finishing grad school, I got myself a Smokenator and a Maverick 733. I have since done two dry runs, but I still need to learn a lot in order to control the beast. I plan on making a thread to detail the trials I've already done and plan to do.

One of the dangers of learning a new hobby and having the internet is that it is easy to read and obsess about things without ever gaining the intuition that only comes from experience. That's been my experience in the past with other endeavors. I hope to change that a bit this time around.

The ribs in my avatar are Last Meal Ribs that I made on Superbowl Sunday. They were easily superior to anything I had ever made on the Weber before, and I am hoping that the Smokenator can make repeating the experience a little bit easier once I get it down.

Glad to be a part of the community and looking forward to some good barbecue...

Cheers,

Kyle

Welcome, Kyle.

I have done at least a dozen successful cooks using the Smokenator. I'd be glad to share some tips if you wish.

Comment

Welcome Kyle, Congrats on finishing school. Congrats on the Smokenator. I'm looking forward to your thread.

Comment

Welcome DQ! We're glad you're here. I've smoked some GREAT food on a kettle. You're going to like the Smokenator.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
          Welcome, Kyle.

I have done at least a dozen successful cooks using the Smokenator. I'd be glad to share some tips if you wish.
          Originally posted by Jon Solberg View Post
          Welcome Kyle, Congrats on finishing school. Congrats on the Smokenator. I'm looking forward to your thread.
          Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post
          Welcome DQ! We're glad you're here. I've smoked some GREAT food on a kettle. You're going to like the Smokenator.
          Thanks guys.

Jeff - Any tips you have would be great.

Here is that thread I promised, too: Smokenator Dry Runs.

Comment

• JeffJ
            JeffJ commented
            Editing a comment
            I'll provide some tips on the Dry Runs thread.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here