Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Georgia

Hello to all from Alpharetta, a Northern suburb of Atlanta. I have lived in the Atlanta area for ~15 years now, but I am a native of Central Florida.

I've never smoked a piece of meat before, but I'm sure going to give it several tries. I've been reading the AmazingRibs site for about a year now and have already learned a lot. Now it is time to put the learning to use. Yesterday I picked up a new WSM 18 and received my ET-733 the day before that.

Other outdoor cooking experience includes (usually) overcooking most everything on my gas grill and making buffalo wings in a deep fryer (no fires yet!).

Steve

Welcome Steve. The WSM is an excellent cooker, I am sure you will have a lot of success with it.

Comment

Welcome, many of us got here after royally screwing up or trying to figure out how to get the smoker we shouldn't have bought to work. So at least you are off to a good start with the right grill and site.

Comment

Hello Steve. Welcome. You got this. Be sure to stop by the bullet section and show us some pics of that new rig and your cooks.

http://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/for...bullet-smokers

Comment

Hi Steve and Welcome Aboard!

Don't envy your 400 drive. I get 285 W, 75 N, and 575 N. Last Thurs it was 2 hr 49 min commute for 37 miles (traffic - no wrecks). I was home at the time (TG!) when I got this info.

Best!

--Ed ( in Canton, GA)

Comment

• sjoerger
            sjoerger commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Ed, nice to meet another local on here.

Fortunately I both live and work in Alpharetta, no need to take 400 unless I want to! And yet sometimes it still takes me an hour to get home... go figure.

Steve

Thanks all for the welcome! I got my WSM assembled the other night and did the factory cleanse burn last night. It was a good opportunity to try out the new chimney and to get familiar with the ET-733 as well.

Next up is the first cook with a bunch of fatty meats for seasoning. I plan to see if I can get some scraps from the butcher shop around the corner from me.

Anyways, back to reading for the forums and site.

Steve

Comment

• Medusa
            Medusa commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't forget the Cooking Log!

BTW, I got my Weber OTS last Sept. Completely clueless on what to do with charcoal until I discovered this site and all of the great folks!

--Ed

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here